Alternative Phone Numbers

Hello dear members of society,

Currently, I have been communicating with scammers via email. However, I have been seeking a convenient alternative phone number to use asset from my own. I have heard of “TextNow” However, I have heard mixed things about the tool and want to ensure that it is safe and secure. Thank you Internet!

2 Likes

As a former user as things stand, before they sadly cracked down on users outside of their covered countries - in this instance, the UK (at present) - I can vouch for the tool. Very very useful. It is absolutely safe and secure.

Just be mindful, they have a STRICT NO NO Policy towards, and are INCREDIBLY good at detecting VPN usage! Their customer service are also really responsive and are openly combatting scammers daily who are attempting to utilize their service/numbers, unlike others cough cough Onvoy and Co. THEY KNOW WHO THEY ARE cough cough

I’ve also sent you another suggestion you may like to use, kindly check your PM! Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Text now is fine, the main thing that worries me is that they access the mic even when not in a call. I’d highly recommend only using it on a phone or in a browser don’t install the pc app.

Generally I trust modern iOS and android to decently sandbox most apps anyways so I personally see not much issue in using the more sketchy apps you find on the App Store as long as you’re careful with what permissions you give it, do your own research and proceed with caution though.

I would recommend Google voice primarily though if you’re in the USA though, as there’s no ads or restrictions on how long you get to keep the number, and it’s a better experience overall.

You could also try looking into jmp.chat if you want I’ve heard good things and that would let you use whatever xmpp client you’re comfortable with.

3 Likes