After trying everything with TinyCert, my DSJAS fake bank is still showing up as not secure!

After trying everything with TinyCert, my fake bank is still showing up as not secure!

I was also looking online, and I watched a bit of SinisterSpatula’s tutorial on the part where he was talking about using certificates (how I found out about tinycert) for responder online. When I used it with responder online (server was on my VM) it worked. But now my server is on my computer while I’m using DSJAS and it’s not working.

2 Likes

If there’s no solution, I’ll switch to firefox, since I modified the advanced config there, and the insecure icon doesn’t show up (it only shows up if you click the “i” button for more information).

When I followed a DSJAS tutorial on this forum, the guy explained about modifying a chrome flag for the same result. It works, but it pops up with a warning every time chrome is opened and if a scammer sees this, they’ll know that I’m bating them.

1 Like

Try using letsencrypt

2 Likes

I’ll try that, thanks

1 Like

Didn’t work due to this error

1 Like

You only need to post the domain e.g google.com

That works as well :laughing:

No worries happy to help

Still throws an error

The cert must match the domain. As @R11R pointed out, you can’t create & sign a cert for a domain that you don’t own. You could however self-sign a local cert for the domain of your server, & edit the hosts file to point to the IP for YOUR ally.com server. This should create a secure connection ONLY for your machine, which I am assuming is your goal.

2 Likes

Had a feeling that was the issue, thanks.

Thanks, I already have the hosts file configured and stuff

1 Like

I’ve installed the CA Cert in the trusted root certification authorities store, but I also installed the website’s certificate in the personal store after (both installed on my local machine).
But the cert doesn’t show up here, no matter what I do.

1 Like

I’ll probably just use firefox, because if you configure a couple of advanced settings, you can make the insecure icon not that obvious.

sudo certbot --nginx -d ally.com -d www.ally.com

Did you self-sign the cert, or are you still trying to use one from tinycert/letsencrypt?

I would try creating the cert locally with openssl, & then self-signing it. Once it’s installed in the local machine, I believe that you will have to “accept” via the browser that it doesn’t have a known verifier, however that warning only shows up that first time you visit the page. The difference is the warnings you posted previously from the terminal are from the server rejecting to use it.