"Accidentally Reported to Steam" SCAMMER - scatter10x1

SCAMMER: scatter10x1 (UID: 1211361378506510346, from the R/TF2 Server)
FAKE STEAM ADMIN: kellyt07 (UID: 1181054377956479057)

Scammer will send random friend requests to users on Discord. Once accepted, they will ask if you own your Steam account, as it was “accidentally reported for illegal purchases and duplicated items.”

You will then be asked to contact the fake “Steam Admin,” “Kelly,T” in order to revoke a “pending IP ban” on your account, which is classified as a “high risk.” The scammer I spoke to was very impatient, often rushing me and defending it with their false claims of being “worried.”

When I spoke with “Kelly,” they first asked for details of my conversation with the scammer, as well as a full screenshot. I was able to get by with a simple link to my Steam profile, but they then confirmed the “pending ban” and asked me to appeal.

The first thing I had to do in this “appeal” was send a screenshot of my recent purchase history, which would allow the scammer to request access into my account. I first asked if I could send a link to the screenshot instead of uploading it directly to the platform, but they instead asked me to share my screen.

I then proceeded to send my Grabify link, which they refused to click and instead asked me to simply copy my recent purchase history over to them. I had already sent my Grabify link at that time and claimed I was unable to copy+paste from Steam, so they proceeded to call me and have me share my screen.