"Accidentally Reported to Steam" DISCORD SCAMMER (ALMOST GOT MY ACCOUNT!)

Associated Discord Accounts:
Prettykittycute#4475 (UID: 963033288870604810, from TF2 Central.)
AC#3874 (UID: 565117777795612692)

Associated Email Address - [email protected]

Scammer sent me a DM asking if the Steam account was mine, as the account was “accidentally reported” for scamming them out of $1,100, and that I must take action or face a permanent IP ban on Steam.

I was then told to contact said “Steam Admin” through Discord.

The “Admin” requires both a screenshot of our conversation and a link to my Steam profile.

The “admin” checked their “Steam Databases” and concluded that my account received multiple reports for “illegal activity for Illegal Purchases & Scamming.”

As such, the “admin” has initiated a process to prove I have done no “wrongdoing.” This includes screenshotting at least 3 pages of my “recent purchase history”

I was then told to “sign out” of my Steam account so their system can start scanning the status of said account. Do note that I attempted to grab their IP Address through a Grabify link to YouAreAnIdiot.cc

The scammers were adamant that I was logged out of my Steam account so they can “start” their process. I was then asked to open the Steam mobile app to confirm something due to the presence of a “black market” where people can buy a stolen steam account with some amount with a connected payment method on it.

Aparrently the scammer initiated an account recovery after spoofing my password. Luckily for me, I had 2FA on my account and Steam was able to log the IP Address of the scammer!

Associated IP Address - 51.68.142.141

You can stop random people from messaging you on discord that aren’t your friends.

Right Click a server > Privacy Settings > untick “Allow Direct messages from server members”

lE41IJB

To do it for all servers you are apart of or any new ones you Join

User Settings > Privacy and Safety > Server privacy defaults and untick that option

Screenshot 2022-04-11 130243

It will ask if you want to apply that to ALL servers you are currently in or only new ones you join

2 Likes

For anyone interested, here’s a little more information about their accounts. Screenshots are from discord.id.

isn’t suspicious steam is using discord as support?

Well it is, but consider the general public of Discord. I know someone who falls for the scams all the time and I’ve warned them plenty. Just goes to show that despite many counter measures, the scammers can break through.

Thanks for the info. Will definitely be doing this.