About the Refund Scam category

Scammers are contacting victims of scams in order to “refund” them the lost money, but they end up stealing more money by fooling victims into thinking they’ve received more money in their bank accounts, only to send the scammer money they never received.

4 Likes

I consider myself somewhat bright. But, i ha e Norton, so i thought it was real…i feel like someone is robbing me.
They keep coming into my computer, so i have to unplug from the web.
The blue sxreen comes up…Working on your computir"
I uninstalled everything, but they have buried something somewhere. WHAT DO I DO?

1 Like

Best thing to do is to format, reinstall your operating system and restore your data files from backup.

What does this even mean? Are you saying you let them do it on your bare metal machine? if so, that’s a rip always use a vm. Gotta probably reset the computer. Also antivirus software doesn’t do anything anyways if you don’t know how to protect yourself from the beginning.

Scam Number: +1-805-664-9085
Scammer’s Website or Email: sys123.org
Additional information about this scam: Scammers are contacting victims of scams in order to “refund” them the lost money, but they end up stealing more money by fooling victims into thinking they’ve received more money in their bank accounts, only to send the scammer money they never received.

They have scammed my neighbor he lost a fortune on his retirement now he is selling his house to survive.
gEEK sQUAD

1 Like