(989) 206-9245 - Vehicle Warranty Scam

Scammer’s Number: (989) 206-9245

Very typical car warranty scam. Calling from private and spoofed numbers to sell you fake warranty. I called the number back at 10:55 AM CST and got a scambitch answer. Also, you would have to answer some basic questions from the bot before you get to actual scammers, so be patient with it.

3 Likes

You know, they’ve been trying to reach you.

That was one last courtesy call before they close your file.

:rofl: :joy: :rofl:

1 Like

JohnChod, yes indeed LOL! They keep hanging up on me when I tell them that I really need to extend my warranty on my Pagani Zonda vehicle! Then, I asked: “How about 1973 VAZ 2101? Solid quality and assembled with love and care by joyful Soviet proletariat. I was returning from my Volga River picnic one day and it stalled me in the middle of wild Russian steppes! Sadly, it is just having some issues with the transmission now, and I can’t source parts from Mother Russia due to sanctions!” They hung up again, goddammit!!!

2 Likes

I want to travel to India to obtain warranties for my Soviet collectible vehicles! Perhaps, I could recreate this poster live? Kind of like an Indian scammer flashmob photoshoot? I could become an Instagram influenster for the Indian and Paki folks then!

1 Like

After 3 more times of calling back and telling “Sam” to kill himself they blocked my number. Too bad I didn’t get to speak to the initial woman again.

1 Like

I spoke to the initial person (Indian woman?) and gave them some fake car info and then spoke to the supervisor (a metallic sounding guy) for about 11 minutes going over payment options (monthly payments, deposits etc) and then I gave him a fake card number and when he noticed I repeated the numbers as 5169-killyourselfscammer. Now I might try calling back and giving the first woman problems.

1 Like

Yes, this first woman is kind of sensitive. She hangs up fast, so you might have to take it slow with her to keep her on the phone.

The dude I was talking to was definitely American

alxmun, welcome to the forum! Yes, even more shameful that there are American scammers too. I spoke with an Indian-sounding woman.

1 Like

Got blocked