(888) 511-2971 - New Medicare Impersonator

Scammer’s Number: (888) 511-2971

Extra Info: Similar scam to other Medicare impersonators. However, it was slightly different because I got an East-Asian-sounding scammer on the phone this time! Must be a new and different scamming entity than the other ones I posted. Great to see some ethnic diversity going on there; a little tired of just Indian and Pakistani ones LOL! Anyhow, I got humans at 11:47 AM CST.

2 Likes

I so agree!!

2 Likes

Sounds like cultural appropriation to me!

1 Like

Scammers celebrate diversity too! Very progressive crowd that does not discriminate. All religions, marital statuses, races and sexual orientations welcome! All filthy scumbags welcome, like French Foreign Legion back in the days haha.

I think they are getting bombarded. Pickup and instantly hang-up.

2021-06-09 T 17:58 EST

Same result, as of 4:50 PM PST. They pick up, don’t say anything for 10 - 12 seconds, and then hang up.

I just called (888) 511-2971 and got humans at 9:13 AM CST. They answered after 1 ring.

lol I deleted most his files

1 Like

Haha! You mean the scammer’s files?

yes but he caught on pretty fast

1 Like

Great job! I got scambitches there who sounded Chinese and Filipino.

Ill run wireshark and get there ip ig

(he blocked my phone number mannnnn)

What’s the point in that, it is kind of pointless. You could backdoor the system (illegal, not recommended but theoretically you could) or just download the files and not delete, as it makes them wise when files are deleted and they could make some of that info pointless. Anyways though, congrats on messing with them, sounds like you both had fun haha

Not sure how you did it with medicare scammers unless your good at social engineering like pretty good to get them to remote into your computer.

its a bandwidth.com number looked it up

Yes, I am aware. A lot of them are. And Century Link too. Neither of these companies seem to give a damn about us reporting scammers to them. I have done it many times to no avail. They just don’t respond generally. Looks like they have been reported many times: https://www.nomorobo.com/lookup/888-511-2971