Scam Number: 888 319 1527
Domain Used: hotmail.com
Extra Info:
Invoice No : GSKBBW360AXV129
Customer ID : 239028916

2 Likes

They are sending customers to http://www.geeksquad3.weebly.com/ -

2 Likes

The guy answered. He said that my Cancellation ID is 72782011. They use 2427.org to get on a victim’s computer it seems. He told me the 5-digit code 02419 into the webpage.

It is interesting @no2pencil that they used a different URL for you.

2 Likes

They didn’t ask me to remote connect, he sent me to the weebly page for the form to complete. I’ve already filed complaint with weebly abuse & spam. It’s absurd that they would even allow that url in the first place.

2 Likes

Called back from ‪(304) 236-1501‬ as his phone sucked. Same as Pencil, wanted me to go to the weebly page to cancel the software that was on when I bought the machine.

3 Likes

Why did they single ME out to go to 2427.org and enter the 5-digit code they gave me? :crazy_face: Haha! These criminals are treating me in a discriminatory manner! I should give these criminals a piece of my mind concerning their discrimination! Haha

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Oh by all means, please do!!

1 Like

FYI, weebly page down with 409error. You done good Pencil!! :+1: :clap:

1 Like

1 Like

They’re getting me to use TeamViewer

2 Likes

Haha, so I called the ‪(304) 236-1501‬ and a guy answered with a very wary “hello” since I doubt he expects calls to come into what is his TextNow number unless he called first the potential victim. I mocked the guy who answered the (304) number and he hung up immediately.

So then I called the (888) phone number and a guy “David” answered as “Geek Support” rather than Geek Squad. I played nice with “David” long enough on the toll-free (888) number for me to call on a 2nd phone the (304) number and I conferenced the (888) David call into the TextNow (304) call just when the call from me to the (304) went into the generic TextNow voicemail of the (304) number. I told “David” to leave a message on his criminal colleague’s (304) 236-1501 TextNow message machine as I conferenced into a conference call my call to David and my call to the colleague’s TextNow voicemail. David was at first silent. I repeated my request SLOWLY. David just asked, “So do you want a refund or not?” Again I told him to leave his criminal colleague a message on his colleague’s TextNow msg machine as I have conferenced the two calls into the same conference call. “David” just hung up.

2 Likes

Excellent job, @no2pencil! You got Weebly to take down their fraudulent website. Weebly did not waste much time either. They did it quickly.

1 Like

Is the number still active, or have they blocked just me?

[Jul 26 13:53:31] == Everyone is busy/congested at this time (1:1/0/0)
[Jul 26 13:53:31] – Auto fallthrough, channel ‘SIP/[XXXX]-00000103’ status is ‘BUSY’

Try again, they’re back up now for me

2 Likes

Just now, from my TextNow phone number, I called 888 319 1527 and after ringing maybe once or maybe twice the POPUP popped up that has written BUSY. Just recently I have noticed this happening just recently when I call scammer phone numbers from my TextNow number.

So just now I used my VOIP “Unknown Number” to call 888 319 1527 and it rings a number of times BUT THEN it goes to the DIAL TONE. (I can login to my account with my VOIP phone provider and click to hide my phone number when I call out and instead to show Unknown Number when I call out.)

1 Like

Wow, I tried again from my TextNow number and “Roger Miller” answered as Geek Squad. Yes, they are answerin’ again, @AussieScamBuster!

Got through again, could hardly hear the guy, now they’re picking up & hanging up. I can hear it’s a physical phone.

1 Like

They are skittish! Yes, they are so wary now! They are such scaredy-cats!

Another call back number is (385) 374-8236 and I called it to verify it’s not a spoof.

3 Likes

Thank you! I’m calling them from their own text now numbers :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes