(857) 290-9147 and (209) 550-6110 - Multiple Scams in One

Scam Number: (857) 290-9147 and (209) 550-6110
Scammer’s Website or Email: “Pick a Scam” scammers
Additional information about this scam: They robocalled me from (857) 290-9147 and left voicemails for “special offers”. Depending on the prompts that you choose to follow, it is a variety of scams, such as Direct TV impersonation, travel scam, cable installation and others. Have fun!

Here is additional evidence of their fraudulent robocalls:

https://twitter.com/SoldierSpirit1/status/1775931194762240024

@Jhawk @OfclyGoodenough @MehNamesJeff @Hviezdoslav @Tillianne @MajorLeeAwesome @CatMan @drwat @LordOfTheRings

5 Likes

(857) 290-9147 is an IP Horizon number. IP Horizon is owned by thinQ (lovely Aaron Leon in charge) that has received cease and desist notices from the FTC AND State authorities:

4 Likes

+1 (857) 290-9147:

Option 1: Affordable TV
Option 2: Cheap Flights @Chronus
Option 3: Cheap Hotels
Option # (POUND): All other callers → $100 Retail Rebate; Press 1

On my second call however I got instantly connected to the “REWARDS LINE”, background noise loud enough = Indian Call Centre. Bhenchod claimed to also be the SUPERVISOR, since when did they immediately start assisting with taking calls?

+1 (209) 550-6110:

DirecTV @drwat

5 Likes

I called the “Direct TV” scammers and got Filipino scambitches.

3 Likes

Most likely a more legit Travel Agency, so I would recommend people to not harass and keep investigations as nice and polite as possible until it can be verified the agency is identified as a known scam, + if they’re not the only ones who pick up yk

This isn’t coming from me calling, but more what usually happens in lead gens. I know that [redacted] company use(d/s) lead gens to get calls

3 Likes

Good point. With that said, isn’t it a little bit questionable, to say the least, that these foreign lead generators place a high volume of robocalls to numerous numbers? I have encountered these “pick a scam” lead generators a lot. I am inclined to believe that they place robocalls to telephone numbers on the National Do Not Call Registry, which is illegal. They called my number, for example.

I suspect that there are some American telemarketing companies behind this scheme of violating DNC and TSR by the use of Indian and Filipino call centers.

I certainly don’t advocate for harassing these lead generators or any other illegal activities. Just pointing some major red flags. It is also infuriating that IP Horizon scum seems to keep turning a blind eye to illegal robocalls. They don’t seem to care about any sort of compliance or telecom laws in place. In my opinion, it is little shitty carriers like IP Horizon, Telnyx, Commio and few others that are to blame for the robocall epidemic in the US. Pure greedy scumbag degenerates.

3 Likes