UK Halifax bank scam (+44) 01143600424

Scam Number: UK (+44) 01143600424
Scammer’s Website or Email:
Additional information about this scam:
Text message from Halifax saying a Mr Abdul Khan has successfully set up as a new payee on 2/05 if this was not you please call us on 01143600424 ref ST20F07

2 Likes

Today they are impersonating TSB Bank

Scummiest scammers you could imagine.
Very convincing group of UK scumbags impersonating various banks, I’ll add details of their latest text message campaigns as I find them because it seems Vodafone are not going to be taking the number down any time soon.
the many, many victims should be able to sue Vodafone for not acting on credible, verified reports.

2 Likes

Rang this number about 20 mins ago, female answered, as soon as I started talking she hung up. Now getting the " Sorry unavailable message "

3 Likes

probably blocked, it’s still live

1 Like

It is not good that Vodafone don’t forward your reports on, however as well as providing services directly they are also a reseller of numbers. Skype source UK numbers from Vodafone & Wavecrest (you can browse available numbers on their site).

The block looks to be allocated to Skype and contains this number which is very near by yours. The number you posted about is also linked to Skype and they should be able to do something about it. I’ve found most fraud Vodafone numbers are actually Skype numbers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for that, interestingly Wavecrest are my favourite, they respond to my reports, usually within a few minutes, they block the number and report it to the customer. Vodafone specifically told me not to email them reports.

1 Like