844-779-6156 Discount Flights

Are we still allowed to post travel scams?

1 Like

Yes mate
Just don’t post numbers which make mention of the place where fares are well dressed, fashionable, stylish, elegant, clever, sharp-witted, astute, intelligent or shrewd. :thinking: :wink:

2 Likes

Can you be a little descriptive on that. I halfway know what some mean.

2 Likes

Those places where the fares are well versed, clever, etc = smart
Those 'smart’y pants ‘fares’ make ambulance chasing lawyers who wear red ties with yellow shirts, to jump up and down and rant incessantly about their 600 odd numbers being legit.
It’s not worth the dramatics which follow, as they monitor the internet for mention of anything which casts their company and tangled web of umbrella companies in any bad light.

3 Likes

So pretty much ones that fall for any fake to and from location.

2 Likes

Not at all, I usually come across 10 new ones each week.
Fake airlines, car rentals & hotel reservations numbers pop up everywhere.
If you research this site from around the new year onward for a few months for, Smartfares/ Travelation/ Traveller helpdesk/ Cheapflightfares/ Cheapflightnow/ Cheapfaresnow/ Lowcost airlines, or AirGorilla, you’ll find a lot of information about them and the demands they made under threat of legal action.

2 Likes

So not to be so ignorant. I apologize, I’m going back through all the travel numbers, a few which have answered. If I need to engage with them, what exactly do I say to find out. And Copa airlines and trip beam I’ve seen a bunch of. But if I can’t determine whether or not there legit, I just don’t wanna waste my time with them.

1 Like

My opinion is the ones who don’t mention their company name in the ivr menu are fake.
Answering with welcome to reservations, or reservations desk or anything similar is a red flag.
Some are semi legit at best, with imaginary extra fees at the 11th hour for things like baggage or overbooking, but they can secure your travel tickets for $1000 extra or something like that.
Most are straight up con artists who’ll leave the victims standing at the airport looking silly when the airline knows nothing about them.
They also ask insanely high prices for the travel in the first place.
I usually ask for their website and if I can book online there.
If they insist you book then and there with them, or if they take too long to answer, you hear them Google searching for the first thing they can find…they’re talking shit.
They should all have it in big letters in front of them if they’re a legit company and it should be given immediately.

1 Like

Thank you. That helps me a lot. Now I have something to go on.

1 Like

Travel scams are still allowed, although I can imagine staff are itching to ban it considering the legal troubles it has caused the site this year.

The main gist to what I use to determine if a travel company is a scam is if there is clear evidence they impersonated a major airline, since that’s really the only way we can determine they are fraudulent without actually getting scammed.

It’s important to understand that shady =/= scam, and no matter how much a travel company seems like a scam, if you feel like it could be dismissed in court, don’t post it claiming it is a scam. Because as the past year has shown, we need court admissible evidence for these kinds of companies, since they will threaten legal action against the site.

And lastly, if you do not know for sure if a travel company is a scam or not, make a post, explain what you got on them, and ask for help to see if they are a scam or just extremely shady.

2 Likes

if an indian picks up the call,its a scam.

I have not dialed an alleged travel company phone number since December 2021 or January 2022. My new rule of thumb is this: If they do not ask for a gift card or if they do not ask you to go to Anydesk .com, I do not call them. Sadly, America has the best justice money can buy. If a travel company has an LLC designation in an American state (or a Foreign LLC designation in an American state), a lawyer who makes $400 an hour can say a scam is not a scam in federal court. Whether a scambaiter wants to fight them is a highly personal decision. But it will probably depend on whether the scambaiter has $400 an hour to spend on his legal defense. Scambaiters are usually very honest people who earn a living 40 hours a week, wearing denim instead of suits. The average scambaiter will usually not have $400 an hour to defend a principle.

The ironic thing about lawyers who defend shady companies: Someday, an elderly relative of the lawyer is going to get scammed. Does the lawyer think a letter overseas is going to get his elderly aunt or grandmother her money back? Or is it going to be a scambaiter (who can reverse-engineer Anydesk. com and get into the scammer’s computer) who is going to do it?

If I were younger and had more money, I would like to go to law school. I think someone needs to defend scambaiters in court pro bono or at least at-cost. The commute to the University of Toledo School of Law might be a doable commute.

3 Likes

Not true. Even with travel, while a lot of them may be based out of India, it doesn’t mean all the ones in India or who have Indian workers are scammers.

2 Likes

you are right.but very tough to find out who is scamming and who is genuine.

3 Likes

At least in the early stages, I would stick to this rule of thumb: If they do not ask for gift cards or ask you to go to Anydesk. com, the shade of gray is light enough that you should probably leave them alone. They might have a lot of negative reviews online. They might have very poor control of their workers, so they might drop the F-Bomb if they do not like your voice. However, that call center probably has not crossed the line from being a poorly-run business to being a scam.

1 Like

A maize of IVR hoop thru
1844779615n

1 Like

Your missing a digit, or I’m just blind

1 Like

Well, I am actually legitimately blind, and he’s definitely missing a digit. Unless the n at the end, for some reason, is substituting a digit? I don’t know.

1 Like

1844779615n n=6

1 Like

844-779-6156 Discount Flights Sid Thursday 12-15-22 9:54PM EST