Reservations scam 888-267-3964

This is a 8 day old post … Didnt u question It then??

Summary:

drwat got a missed call with this number, called it back and there was a hacked message about it being scammers

Number has been used for flight bookings since at least 2016 with a fake company name (cheapflyairs.com) and recently (Sky Fly).

Doesn’t seem legitimate to me…

2 Likes

Second that.

@Draco Do you think I have time to check every single post on this forum? Are you mad? I just randomly came across this post which happened 8 days ago and I posted my guideline thread 16 days ago, so everyone had full 8 days to comply and find evidence of scam, yet nothing has been posted. I’m giving you another strike for this bullshit… Next time I boot you off the forum. I’ve got enough of you.

@MKHNT The website does not exist. Last time it has been archived and probably up was 2018. I don’t think it’s connected to the same website anymore if that website has been down for so long. See here: https://web.archive.org/web/2018*/https://cheapairflys.com/ Also, here seems to be a confusing in the thread: is it cheapairflys.com or cheapflyairs.com? Your screenshot itself proves that the domain cheapflyairs.com has never been registered so it cannot be a scam! Also, something from 2016, literally 6 years ago, cannot be taken as evidence when websites and phone numbers switch owners so quickly.

@drwat To avoid any confusion and make sure that it’s indeed a scam and post the relevant information in the 1st post as to where you got the number from. If they called you first, then at least they illegally called you - so that’s fine, but please post in the thread starter so we all know that’s the case.

1 Like

Not really. If you read that advertisement from 2016, you will note BOTH are mentioned. Seems obvious that either they wrote it wrong or were using both names. In the wayback archive, it is clearly (CheapAirFlys) that was a registered website.

cheap

It is very common for scammers to change numbers and names once detected as a scammer. The fact is the number is still in use for Flight Bookings.
I am not claiming they are, nor am I claiming they are not. I am merely pointing out what I found and my personal take is they do not seem legitimate.

My point is that a single evidence from 6 years ago is not enough evidence when one website does not even exist (even though mentioned), cheapflyairs.com never was at any time registered as a website. Plus, as I’ve posted in Posting Guidelines - Important to keep our quality up, it’s important to provide proof at the beginning of a thread before hammering their lines or whatever. The fact that I had to come in and now this is being dug up shows that the process failed.

I understand the need for proof and I also understand how people will interpret a series of events to point to being a scam. I do think it was relevant to show this number is what was in question on being used to scam or not. This number is not on that website and the fact it is has a history so far of not being associated with any of the names used for it is cause to be suspicious of it.

Those websites might be legitimate, but so far this number itself is what is questionable on whether it is being used by a scammer or not. Someone seemed to believe it is a scam to the point they actually hacked the message to warn callers it is a scam. Why would someone go through all that trouble if they did not have some proof it was a scam number?
I am just pointing things out as I see it, but you can do as you think best for the site and of course I respect your decision either way.

You are asking the wrong one.
Do I look like the OP to you? Took you long enough to even ask such a question. :joy:

it’s not a big deal if you know what you’re doing. Also, that’s wrong to argument like this. You could say the same with LBF. Why would someone go through all that trouble to flood them and DDOS their website if they did not have some proof it was a scam number? Fact is, people here decide too early without checking for proof first. Once someone said “THIS IS A SCAM” then everyone follows that, regardless how none or less evidence is actually there for it being a scam. We should look for evidence and facts more rather than just assuming things just cuz other people say it’s a scam.

1 Like

@MehNamesJeff everyone in this thread is involved as nobody did the research. And do you think I have time to check all the forum posts and see if people do the research? I just randomly checked and noticed no facts were there for this number being a scam. Also, stop being a jerk or your account is gone :slight_smile:

I understand when something is just not right and proof is not always a requirement to see when it is. I get it you want to protect this website from legal issues with positive proof as visible evidence, but it will not stop people from from see’ing a scammer when red flags are present.

I have always tried to provide extra info on a suspected scam/scammer and don’t always find a direct visible evidence they are scamming. Some of the scammers even come here and after a little discussion with them, they reveal themselves as scammers, but the initial discussion had no positive proof of them scamming.

Like I said, do as you feel best for the website and I will just sit back and wait until I have positive evidence before posting again, as I don’t want to be threatened with my account status like others have. You gave me a “Strike” last year for not responding to you over a post I made with clear evidence, but it was because you did not thoroughly look over my evidence, which I had to over simplify it with red arrows just so you could see the connections.

So just out of curiosity, when you KNOW it is a scam but don’t have direct evidence to show as proof, do we just ignore and let the scammer(s) go about their merry way to scam without being challenged?

Not sure if this is considered as “evidence”, but on the website Draco got his info from, there is a comment someone made on Feb 18th about getting a call, claiming to be Delta Airlines:

Source:
https://slick.ly/us/8882673964

2 Likes

Thanks for the guidelines

Then please post those red flags when posting a new number. But that hasn’t been done until I came in. I don’t necessarily mean that towards you since you weren’t the person posting the number but this is a more general reply to everyone.

…and I respect you for always providing information but just because some scammers come here and discuss and admit they’re scam and there was no positive proof of scamming doesn’t mean this is the way we operate. In fact, this way to run the site got us into big legal trouble. Who paid for it? BobRTC and the owners, having to pay 10k+ USD in legal fees to pay an attorney. Just to defend the forum but also the users on here that are listed in the court complaint as John Does 1-50. So what I’m doing is not only protecting the forum, but also protecting the individual users from legal issues. It’s funny how people complain here that I’m too strict and threaten people with account status when they use BobRTC & Scammer.info for free and never donated a Penny to offset the legal costs for all of this.

No, we don’t ignore them. We post that number, and when you KNOW it’s a scam, surely you can explain WHY you think it’s a scam. But at least give context or write when you’re not sure about a number being scam. Outright posting a number “THIS IS A SCAM!” and when I chime in not being able to present any facts/evidence or even indicators is a bad look on that user and thus on our forum overall.

Yes, that is more than enough as evidence :+1: I just wish it would have been posted earlier without this lengthy discussion.

For everyone, please re-read the Posting guidelines that I even pinned globally. This whole discussion wouldn’t have happened if people just read and follow them. I’m super grateful for everyone’s effort and work in stopping scammers but a forum and community can only work together with rules and this is one of them. Thanks.

1 Like

I understand and hopefully others will too after reading. I too only read this thread today, so I was not able to do any researching until this discussion took place. I get it that you are very busy and don’t get to see every post right away, but perhaps we could encourage others to ask about where the number came from when no information about it is posted by the OP. :thinking:

These discussions are also useful when everyone can see events happening that affect everyone involved. I agree everyone needs to read those guidelines. Perhaps it should be a Notice shown for everyone when they first login, kind of like the “Sign-up” Notice you see when you are not logged in…just a suggestion.

I know it is pinned already, but you know people sometimes need something thrown at them before they look at it.

2 Likes

888-267-3964 Still Active Steven Sunday 12-4-22 12:31AM EST

1 Like

Press 1, wait 2 seconds, press *
We hear a warning

1 Like

888-267-3964 Still Active Michael Sunday 12-4-22 8:05PM EST

1 Like

888-267-3964 Still Active Malechode Wednesday 12-7-22 12:17AM EST

1 Like

Press *, wait 2 seconds, press * again and hear

1 Like

So it’s disconnects after that. Supposed to be something different?

1 Like