Pre-made Windows 10 Scambaiting Virtual Machine (New 2022)

1 Like

Welcome to the community❤️

2 Likes

Hello guys,

I have edited this Virtual Machine even more and all the services and processes that includes visible VM info are hidden. If anyone wants it, write me a message on discord TheWrongGuy#0632 :wink:

1 Like

Any idea how to change the display manufacturer? Still showing up as VMware, Inc in dxdiag. Thanks!

1 Like

@Gonzo Odd, that it still shows. I’m pretty sure I did that. You can edit that stuff by going into the Registry Editor (press Windows key and search for “regedit”, might need to right-click and run as administrator). There, go to Edit → Find… and then type in the exact name that wrongly shows in dxdiag. Change values of registry entries like “Product Name”, FriendlyName", “DisplayName”, etc. Stuff where you kinda see it’s just for display and doesn’t contain machine readable code or information. Then hit F3 to search for the next one, edit that one and continue.

I remember that some entries, for no reason, will change back to VMware once you do a reboot so it’s hard to make changes persistent. Could be one of them…

2 Likes

I figured it’s a long shot, but are these scammers smart enough to break out of a virtual machine onto a network?

Edit: Thanks a lot for the premade virtual machine, works like a dream.

2 Likes

Thanks mate! im going to use this now!

No they are not

1 Like

Hey how come this shows up as a trojan? Just curious what causes that.

1 Like

@Gwen this is a fake popup that I put onto the virtual machine which you can use to scambait as mentioned in the thread start post:

3 Likes

Ah thank you I did not realise a popup would constitute malware to defender. Thank you for explaining :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for this. I just started learning about vm’s so this is perfect for me. I’ve seen another comment about it but I’ve always been scared a scammer could find a way out of a vm and into my real pc lol.

@NoMoScammers No problem :slight_smile:
So there’s no realistic way that a scammer could find a way out of a VM. There are (potentially) zero-day-exploits, meaning unknown and unfixed software bugs which can be used by criminals but those are expensive and used by government-funded hackers or ransomware etc. Scammers are actually quite stupid and don’t have the money and knowledge to get them. Besides we don’t know if any zero-day-exploit currently exists.

Some time ago, someone posted his PC got hacked after using a VM but it just turned out that he accidentally let the scammer connect to his main PC, not the VM. So always make sure you click inside the VM when opening cmd, installing Teamviewer etc, so that they connect inside the VM.

Even Jim Browning and other scambaiters use VMs so they’re safe.

So tl’dr: theoretically, there may be some ways to escape a VM in specific scenarios but realistically, especially with tech support scammers, the chance is basically zero. It’s safe to use.

4 Likes

That makes me feel a lot better. Thank you again and also for the advice and taking the time to explain. It’s much appreciated.

2 Likes

Thankyou so much for sharing this, it works perfect!

Hi Neep, my name is Zeiman and I want to say Thank you very much for the information that you sent to us, I am new here on Scammer. Info and I needed some information like that… Thank you,. :hugs::hugs::hugs: It’s hard to find some info like that in this days… Is means a lot to me… Thank you again.

1 Like

Activate Windows for FREE! Read this guy’s guide here for Windows 11: Easy ways to activate Windows 11 for FREE without a product key - MS Guides Windows 10: 2 ways to activate Windows 10 for FREE without additional software - MS Guides

1 Like

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

Cant see a download link for the ISO

1 Like

there’s no ISO, it’s the full folder for VMware zipped as .7z file

2 Likes