Phone Carrier Lookup For Canadian Phone Number?

Why are there no obvious resources for looking up a carrier for a particular phone number?

Is anyone aware of such a source?

@ScamArrest#49995 Your post inspired me to make this site: http://unlimitedphonelookup.com/

I decided to make it because all the ones already out there are constantly rate limiting users and only allowing so many searches per hour. Mine is completely and totally free. Hope this helps!

@fraudat0r#50204 Thanks I will definitely use your website

@fraudat0r#50204 Wow, that is VERY awesome you are making this site.

There were a few recent numbers that I reported to Twilio, because Twilio didn't provide an accurate result. I tried those same numbers through your site and also got a bad carrier match.

I'm not sure if this is something you can adjust but:

Phone number: 3605877327
Twilio says: ENFLICK/BANDWIDTH
Your site says: LEVEL 3 COMMUNICATIONS LLC - WA
But it is actually: NEUTRAL TANDEM-WASHINGTON LLC
How I know: I reported the number to ENFLICK/BANDWIDTH and they said the number wasn't theirs but was instead Neutral Tandem's number. I reported it to Neutral Tandem and then the number was shut down.

Phone number: 2094377001
Twilio says: Enflick 360 Networks
Your site says: LEVEL 3 COMMUNICATIONS LLC - WA
But it is actually: BROADVOX-CLEC LLC
How I know: I reported the number to Enflick 360 Networks and they said the number wasn't theirs but was instead a BROADVOX-CLEC LLC number. I reported it to BROADVOX-CLEC LLC and then the number was shut down.

So, keep plugging away at your site.... don't give up!! It would be awesome to have a site to use that was super accurate, but that might be just wishful thinking.... not sure. :-)

If there is anything I can do to assist just let me know.

@ScamArrest#50238 thanks for letting me know about the wrong info! It was difficult finding accurate data because NANP (North American Numbering Plan, the group who manages phone numbers in North America) doesn’t have an easy way to download the “NPA-NXX” codes. The NPA is the area code and the NXX is the “prefix”, which identifies the carrier. Canadian numbers are easier thanks to CNAC and less providers in Canada, but there is still room for error. The only way for me to have got very accurate was to shell out a few hundred dollars to a sketchy database service, which wasn’t exactly an option lol. When I get off work I’ll fix those codes to have the correct info

@fraudat0r#50406 Awesome!! I will let you know if I find any other errors. I have your email address now, and can make mention of any errors discretely thereafter. Thanks for your hard work in making the page accurate for us!!