I'm New Here - Thought You Guys Might Want A Fresh Number

Interesting lol!

@hamisbetterthanascam
Hello!! Yeah I got into ScamBaiting a few years ago, but I kind of fell out of it for awhile… Until the other day, when I witnessed a friend of mine get a call from a scammer, and man, she’s okay and everything, but until we figured out who she was talking to and why, she was absolutely hysterical and fully convinced that she was in imminent danger of losing her house and everything she worked so hard for… this scammer even went so far as to suggest she may even lose custody of her kids because she’s obviously an unfit parent to allow herself to get into such debt when she has children counting on her… Can you believe that!!!
Anyway, we eventually caught on to who she was talking to and we put an end to that really quickly. BUT, it sort of reenergized me when it comes to dominating as much of these scammers time as possible, because THAT is what it’s about. Sure, it’s fun to mess with them, and even more fun to think of new ways to get them all confused and frustrated. But the longer you can keep them on the line, the longer you can keep them preoccupied, the less time they have to encounter some little old lady who’s gullible and on a fixed income.
Anyway, I’m glad you found your way into the world of messing with scammers, you’d be surprised how serious some people are when it comes to stopping these guys, it’s a very real and serious activity for quite a few people. Have a great evening!! And maybe we’ll run into each other here on the site again some time!! Happy Hunting!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome to the club pal :wink::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::smiley::relaxed:

The number is now down. Something like 3,000 calls were made to it, but I’m not sure how many of those got through before they took it down. Every call that did complete fed them phony details, so I guess they’ll have fun sorting through those.

If anybody has any more of these BTW, they are one of my favorite scams to torment.

1 Like

I had one of these once that was trying to use speech recognition to harvest people’s names and other personal information. There’s a module for Python called Faker that lets you create endless fake names and other details and I also wrote a prank names generator module that can both be used to feed fake information into the call flooder.

I sincerely hope that some scammer tried calling Bank of America to access an account in the name of a Mr. Jack Meoff or a Miss Anita Hardcock.