Geek Squad again 🙄 I tried to save someone else who was getting scammed

Scam Number: +18184358479
Scammer’s Website or Email:
Additional information about this scam: they started off with Anydesk but we now have a contact at Anydesk who bans scammers. So they moved on to the shady white label remote programs.

While on the line with them I heard another person being instructed to put cash in a UPS box. So I told them that they are working with me as scambaiters and they aren’t going to send any money. I was hoping that would just start swearing at the other person who would realize they are scammers but I have no idea what ended up happening.

2 Likes

818-435-8479 Sam Wilson Sunday 4-16-23 5:46PM EST

2 Likes

This is when I was baiting the guy and could clearly hear someone getting scammed on the background.

1 Like

Do you actually know that is a “victim”?

1 Like

could of been a scambaiter

2 Likes

@barryspar That’s exactly my thought. We never hear the other side of the baiter if it was a baiter. But the only way they can keep them on the line is too do everything they ask. And I have actually stayed on the line if I do hear of lot of background noise. If it’s quiet I hang up. But more often then not I hear this all the time.

1 Like

u tryna to mention me or him

1 Like

Kinda both. Just wanted to see if you agreed with me or not. But him more than you @linbaits

I got a tip from a tweet about this.
I baited. They used alpemix and screen connect rhelpcare.cc
form cutt.ly/cancel399
Kolkata IP 103.50.81.154

1 Like

You’re right, there’s no way to know for sure.

1 Like

And most of them have headsets, so you wouldn’t hear the “baiter”, Just there idiots in the background. But I’m like you, if I hear stuff in the background I get a knot in my stomach and just pray it is a baiter. And just out curiosity, if it were an actual victim how would you help to stop it?

1 Like

If you hear the caller phone number, call back repeatedly. Keep the scammer busy.
If you hear the caller name, call back and impersonate that caller/victim. If you hear the address of Target, Walmart…call that store and describe what you heard.

1 Like

I’m glad you mention that. I had one 2 weeks ago where the scammer confirmed the phone number, and I wasn’t quick enough, only got the last 4. So what if it is a actual baiter? Wouldn’t they be afraid that we might post there phone number?

1 Like

Develop confidence. Desribe that you expose scammers. Wish I had the skills to take over the scammers’ PCs.

2 Likes

How many times have you run into that?

1 Like

About once in 2 months. Normally I do not hangup right away. Scammers frequently forget to hang and I listen

1 Like

Yea, like I said, if I hear a lot of noise I’ll stay connected, if not I just hang up.

In my case what I did was I told the scammer that the other person on the other line was a scambaiter. My hope was to go them into giving up on scamming or saying something rude to the other person. I want to upload the entire call but it’s too large so I’m going to try to upload a clip.

2 Likes

please remember when posting a post to make the number more formatted for example (888) 888 8888

just better for us to read! this isnt a requirement but just helps the community read the numbers a bit better! thank you for reading this!

1 Like

don’t revive dead threads…