"Free AirBuds Plus" SCAM - (877) 327-2411

Popup - AirBuds Plus - Fantasy Island Group (grabmydealtoday.com)

Registered via NameCheap on September 24, 2021 - Whois grabmydealtoday.com

Associated Phone Number - (877) 327-2411

Associated Email Addresses:
[email protected]
[email protected]

Associated IP Addresses:

Requires a 7-day trial subscription to Fantasy Island Group for just $7.95. Afterwards, users will receive an email offer to purchase their FULL plan at a rate of $86.61/month.

I called the number and was told to contact [email protected] if I didn’t want to wait on hold for a while.

This scam originated as a text to my cell phone which claimed to be from verizon to take a survey to get free airbuds. By the time I went through the survey I realized I had fallen for a fishing scam, not from verizon, and followed the directions to unsubscribe from the fantasyisland group. Despite unsubscribing, my credit card was charged $80+ and was protectively declined by my credit card. I verified to my credit card company that “Diversions .com” at 866-739-2131 was not authorized to charge my card. I did call the number, and despite the message saying hold times would be up to 48 hours, and to email [email protected] instead, I did hold and the call was answered. The person did not give me any information, however, because I would not give my name - instead he said “I don’t have time for this” and hung up on me.

1 Like

Sorry you had to go through that, glad your credit card company blocked it though!