Direct TV Scam: (601) 602-1294 and (470) 287-0040

Scammer’s Number: (601) 602-1294 & (470) 287-0040

I pressed “3” for technical support and got Indian-sounding scammers at 11:40 AM CST.

2 Likes

Hoards for draco … As I wait… . … …:grin:

1 Like

They called me back at 1:15 PM CST from (754) 336-3757. I called that number and got humans there, so it should be active now.

They were also using (813) 859-5280 as of 6 PM CST. I believe they are about to end their scamming for the day, but I am sure they will be back at it tomorrow.

Just want to make a quick note out there: I’ve had a call with these dudes before and I think they might’ve rerouted the call to the real DirectTV/AT&T. Please be aware of that because that was their way of dodging me. Fast forward to 4:36 to see. But the number displayed on video is verified as a scam. I suggest dialing the number shown just to be sure it got taken down.

If for any reason you can’t see the recorded call, click here

2 Likes

(813) 859-5280 still worked as of 4:55 PM PDT. The IVR was a Direct TV spoof. I pressed one of the options, I think it doesn’t matter which one you pick. The person who answered introduced himself as “John”. who said that there is no account associated with my phone number (it’s a TextNow). So I asked if he can look it up by name. I gave him my first name, Ben. He said he can guess my last name. So I made him a bet, I’ll give him a $5 gift card if guesses it right. And he did. My last name is Chod. Ben Chod. He wants an eBay gift card. He gave me a new number to call tomorrow, I will post it here after I verify it. He was in a hurry to go home, it was almost 5:00 AM in Pakistan, and he needed to sleep. He had no qualms in admitting that they’re a scam operation.

3 Likes

Interesting. That’s the exact IVR greeting that got me to John the Pakistani scammer. My theory is that they forward their number to the real DirectTV number during their off hours. It was 5:00 AM in Pakistan when I talked to John. They’ll likely unforward it tomorrow when they resume their scam operations, using the same genuine greeting that they’ve cloned.

2 Likes

I’ll try calling them at 11AM EDT or whenever I’m free in the morning

2 Likes

Nice!

Karen Miller bot and me

http://chirb.it/G6kfv5
http://chirb.it/CPcBJe

2 Likes

Karen Miller rocks! So hilarious!

1 Like

8559473330 is EXTENSION ONE BILLING DEPARTMENT.

1 Like

Welcome :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

drwat, how did you get their location? These guys are relentless. I’ll try to report to AT&T.

1 Like

jaymee, yes, they are back at (762) 288-1099 and (561) 556-0139 and numerous other numbers!

Answering DirecTV from Chandigarh, India 8559473330

1 Like

561 556 0139 answered at 3:31 pm CST but I am on hold now …

It is the minute waltz, which I enjoy for one minute but which I DETEST for longer than one minute. If the composer only wanted the “minute waltz” then it is a heinous crime to play it for more than 60 seconds … Now back to the weird generic hold music … now back to the minute waltz solo piano music … I do not think Mr. Chopin would approve of his musical composition being used by scammers as HOLD MUSIC … now back to generic weird HOLD MUSIC for a few seconds … now back to the minute waltz … 3:34 PM Central now and still no criminal on the line to provide me “customer service” … DRAT! I could tell the call was answered but after one second of silence the call dropped or the criminal hung up the call!

3 Likes

Hviezdoslav, I find that often you have to call those people 3-4 times back-to-back to get an answer. It was like that with Amazon scam today. You can also try 8559473330.

1 Like

I pressed 0 to speak to customer service representative at 3:38 pm CST … I got a guy on line!

Well, about 8 or 10 minutes later, he hung up on me. At that point, in all fairness, I was no longer trying to bait him and instead I’d started to mock and ridicule him.

2 Likes

Yeah, I am going back to that number, the 561 556 0139 number to give it the ol’ college try!