DEA? scammer (571) 463-7518 *not sure how to bait them*

Scam Number: (571) 463-7518
Scammer’s Website or Email: could not bait them
Additional information about this scam: If you or anyone else knows how to proceed on this number I just got. (571) 463-7518
It was a missed call, so I dialed it and the have a voicemail set up for “DEA”, when he answered he said he was officer Robert Benson badge ID CR2546. He wanted the ‘Doctor’s NPI number’ so I fumbled and asked for his boss, he got angry accusing me of wasting his time and hung up. If anyone knows how to bait those guys, plese have at it.

scam0307b

4 Likes

2 Likes

I wonder what their end-game is. this guy was Indian for sure and his demeanor and idioms were exactly like other scammers. With the “Let me tell you one thing”, “I need to know each and everything”, “Stop wasting my time”.

3 Likes

it’s for identifikation burpose sir. pls go ahead and start with the first 4 digits :joy: :joy:

1 Like

On call with Officer Benson from DEA.

Asked if I was a Doctor and/or worked in a hospital. When I said I did not, he said wrong number. But multiple times let me know he was from the DEA.

3 Likes

Interesting to know that the DEA is now using Inteliquent/Onvoy as a phone system too, smh.

2 Likes

SCARY. Indian scammer with professionally sounding greeting… scammers

2 Likes

They are either scamming doctors or getting script info. I made up a dea number and told him I’m a doctor and he was asking if I wrote narcotic scripts for anyone this week. I made up a patient name and gave him a phone number of mine and he called it. Tried to get info from me (Betty Crocker)
It’s an Onvoy number and I reported it, but we know how that goes

5 Likes

I reported it also, but directly to the DEA…DEA Contact Center (202) 307-1000

5 Likes

Major I’d love to be one of your recommendations. A fellow Doctor maybe? Who writes a ton of scripts? lol Let me know

3 Likes

Answering.

“Robert Benson” told me somehow it’s not possible for just a missed call to be received then hung up. Rubbish! :joy:

2 Likes

Are you taking new patients? Do you take Aetna??
How far are you booked?!?!

3 Likes

What language is Spaniel? I could swear that is what she said.

2 Likes

DEA personnel will never contact members of the public or medical practitioners to demand money or any other form of payment , will never request personal or sensitive information, and will only notify people of a legitimate investigation or legal action in person or by official letter.

1 Like

That is what I thought, @JusticeinTexas! I think it was meant to be ESPANOL and not Spaniel! Haha! The dumbasses are shockingly dumb.

Cocker Spaniel? Springer Spaniel?

3 Likes

It’s a cocker spaniel, must be their drug dog :laughing::dog2:

1 Like

Pressing 2 doesn’t even do anything.

571-463-7518 Still Active Malechode Tuesday 3-7-23 4:08PM EST

so i called and had some fun lol… they’re wanting the 10 digit npi number… he asked me 20x and i kept telling him he should have that info… he asked where i was employed at which hospital… after getting no information from me he said im sorry and hung up… the stress these pigs put on normal people is out of control.

1 Like

I am guessing he is running the NPI through here
https://npiregistry.cms.hhs.gov/search

But what is the catch?

3 Likes