CTB (Community Trust Bank) - 24HR CONVENIENCE LINE (SCAM?)

Scam Number: (888) 443-8504
Scammer’s Website or Email: (N/A)
Additional information about this scam:

Just received TWO missed calls from this number, a audio-less 22 second voicemail was left - Pointless! No audio! Un-explainable why they are calling. I had called and pressed “0” to talk to a “customer service representative”. A american old lady, no accent detected answered, when I explained to her I just received two missed calls I heard a beep go off, she then simply hung up seconds later. Without saying who she was or anything.

Can anyone confirm this is definitely a scam? @LordOfTheRings @drwat @MajorLeeAwesome

A (425) 705-1900 called me too shortly following - however no one was talking and no one is picking up when calling either.

2 Likes

knoxville, kentucky - one other lady who actually bothered to talk to me just a moment ago said they were located there and that’s the only “proof” she could give me apparently, she also claimed that they don’t hold a record of who calls who.

i came across this
https://www.ctbi.com/banking/about-us/24-hour-convenience-line

then again, i am british for those who don’t know and we definitely don’t have this bank here for starters
i have no idea how legit it is. so correct me if I’m wrong!

Seems genuine (888) 443-8504

1 Like

Curious to know why they randomly called twice, and left a useless voicemail. And why the first lady I spoke to had poor customer service and almost straight away hung up on me when I challenged who was calling me.

1 Like

frankly, you have a valid point. Let us examine more.

1 Like

Exactly, thank you.

The other lady was just so unhelpful, as I already said - she couldn’t even provide me the website I discovered with the supposed number on, obviously fake websites nowadays look almost fully legit, though if you get what I mean. I am not saying in regards to COMPLETELY Targeting the number.

It’s simply a more of here’s whats happened, why has this happened - can someone PRETTY MUCH ASSIST me in confirming the callers legitimacy more like!

1 Like

I will work on it today.

1 Like

Thanks Doc! Let me know what you prescribe, haha.

1 Like

If you are a scam victim, I.e investment scam, Pig butchering scam, Romance scam etc… other alternative websites You can report your case to are: Tacticalrefunds . Com, Scamdoc, scampulse, Scamalert, Scamadviser etc but I prefer Tacticalrefunds, I had a success story with them.

1 Like

@drwat Doctor! Did you find out anything by chance?