Cryptocurrency scam (still unsure. Need a professional to check for me)

Scam Number: +44 7517 119357
Website Used: https://www.groovetechnology-uk.org/index/rot_order/index.html
Extra Info: basically, first got contact from a messaging app called telegram. takes the phone number then transfers to WhatsApp. uses it probably due to the fact that it has encryption.

I’m actually still unsure if it is a scam, I did do some research and it matches the fact that 1, it is too good to be true. and 2, it seems to be some sort of business opportunity.

as a 17 year old, I don’t have a crypto account, and I don’t want to drag my parents into the scamming world.

3 Likes

No info about the number. Not sure what that Sign In domain(groovetechnology-uk.org) has to do with this, but here is another domain from the same company and doesn’t seem related to any crypto account.

Perhaps more details of the text and what the “groovetechnology-uk.org” domain has to do with it.

2 Likes

sorry, that is the website is used for the believed scam. the link is the website that they had directed me to. they give you an extra account to show how the site works. they require you to put in USDT then “process data” to get more credit back. sometimes, you get these data that are more than your own balance, which means that you had to add more towards the account. they have groups to show that they arent scamming but i believe they are.
they also gave me another account after i made my own:
Number: 7930663871
Password: 606060
i am unsure if that is a real phone number, but that was the login account they have given me. i will be uploading the entire conversation soon too if you would like.

3 Likes

That might be more useful in trying to understand what they are actually doing here. What I see from that login is what appears to be a money laundering scheme and not actual data processing.

3 Likes

Hi, If it was a USA number I would check and flood if required but thats a United Kingdom number

3 Likes

right off the bat, The site has no contact us or information about what the site is about. It simply claims nothing of value. The simple fact it bounced platforms 3 times is a big red flag

3 Likes

I agree, i thought the fact that it was using basic HTML scripts were suspicious. The person who contacted me said that they have been doing the same thing for 5 months to gain money.

1 Like

“professional” here.

There is so much crypto scams out there. I would recommend if it isnt counbase/binance/kucoin or any official platform treat things as a scam.

That being said, regarding this case. It is a scam.
The way they reach out to you on telegram is a dead giveaway i see all the time.
You already said it sounds too good to be true.

I spend alot of time researching and dealing with crypto scams and the way they give you an account for a site is also very common in these scams.
I have seen scams where they give you an account and you login and you actually see crypto in this fake websites account. We even managed to withdraw 5 bucks from the scammers websites multiple times.

Stay far away!

~Dvr

2 Likes

This aswell yes! another big red flag!

2 Likes

I wish I would have read this post before

I have got scammed from this company

I have sent 12000 dollars so far
No they are telling me I have to send 9040 to get my refund .

I’m really exhausted
Appreciate your response

Can I make complaint to anyone ??

3 Likes

Welcome!

1 Like

Absolute scam I lost over £1000 they wanted £2500 to move forward on their scam page ultimately trying to get more money from me. I contacted my bank and raised the concerns, they said they hadn’t seen such a scam before. They will add you into a WhatsApp group and I rang every number not one of them connect. You’ll be added with a couple of new members making it seem real, you’ll even get a message off a new member but soon enough you realise he’s part of the scam. Please be careful.

2 Likes

Good luck mate I’ve lost money too impossible to get back I think.

Do you have the full conversation ? I’ve been hit bad by this scam and need evidence to show it is a scam.

I wish I would have checked
I’m really gutted
Fake groups
Fake people
They are pretend and I’m stupid
Lost 3 months wages