CRA call

Not sure if this is legit or not, but this number received a call today about a CRA and I didn’t pay my taxes. This number came up on the caller ID I think it’s linked to a 1-800 number as they said to call back. All details are below.

Number appeared on Caller ID
1-709-694-0105
Number gave to call back
1-800-386-2829

Well I just got through to a guy named Braggie… So what I’ve gathered is he is the one that’s supposed to tell you how to get the money you “owe” to them. This scam works quite strange as it’s based in canada. If Anyone gets anything feel free to share

709-694-0105 is a Wireless phone number operated by Aliant Telecom (Mobility), and is located in the city of Port Aux Basques in Newfoundland and Labrador.

@Darrell64#164202 DO NOT CALL​:point_left: his number is SPOOFED :point_left:… It’s a 16 year old kid … I just talked to him .

He said it’s been going on for 2 weeks … His phone number is SPOOFED :point_left:

when i called he gave me this number to call back, I was told to call this number

709-694-0179

not sure if its his partner or not, but thats what he said to call. and they said theyre not CRA they are microsoft refund department.

In Canada the current tactic is the scammers spoof random phone numbers, I have many in my area code and the same calling prefix as my number. The use a robocall saying to avoid legal action press one… They don’t leave a callback number as they did in the past, so the poor bystander whose number was spoofed takes the heat…

Hello,

I’m Braggie the owner of the number ending in 0105, I am just writing to let you all know I ain’t a CRA or Microsoft Scammer (Cause yea peoples saying I’m Microsoft now too -_-) I am only a 16-year-old boy living in Canada, I ain’t running a scam, and my number was spoofed, I’ve received over 5000 phone calls in 2 weeks timespan, and I’m now getting the number changed and its supposed to be disconnected by the carrier on October 29, 2020. I’ve answered every call and heard it all, I think I got a good image of what real scammers see, I’ve explored your website and sized it up, I understand its very likely a innocent mistake on the User "WindowsVista"s part, and I’m asking everyone to stop calling, even though its gonna be disconnected, It’s affected my life greatly having to answer phone calls, unaware if its something urgent. I appreciate everyone’s work for trying to end scams, but please leave me alone as I’m not a scammer.

Thank You All! :)
Braggie

Hello,

I’m Braggie the owner of the number ending in 0105, I am just writing to let you all know I ain’t a CRA or Microsoft Scammer (Cause yea peoples saying I’m Microsoft now too -_-) I am only a 16-year-old boy living in Canada, I ain’t running a scam, and my number was spoofed, I’ve received over 5000 phone calls in 2 weeks timespan, and I’m now getting the number changed and its supposed to be disconnected by the carrier on October 29, 2020. I’ve answered every call and heard it all, I think I got a good image of what real scammers see, I’ve explored your website and sized it up, I understand its very likely a innocent mistake on the User "WindowsVista"s part, and I’m asking everyone to stop calling, even though its gonna be disconnected, It’s affected my life greatly having to answer phone calls, unaware if its something urgent. I appreciate everyone’s work for trying to end scams, but please leave me alone as I’m not a scammer.

Thank You All! :)
Braggie