Best Buy/Geek Squad Membership Renewal

Scammer’s Number: 1 (812) 304-4018
Domains Used:
Extra Info: This is not a toll-free number. The area code is for the southern part of Indiana. I called this phone number to ensure that it is not spoofed. I received the following email with this phone number, though strangely enough it does not show that it was sent to my personal email address. Maybe I was blind carbon copied. I looked into the View Source code of the email but could not find my personal email address, yet I received the email today.

I spoke to a “Richard Dawson” who answered and he said he was from the Cancellation Department. I told him I got the following email shown below and it had the telephone number (812) 304-4018 in the email. He asked me to read the email to him, which I did. I told him I want to CANCEL the charge, so he had me go to Chrome browser and enter the URL www.AnyDesk.com. So if you want to bait them, you’ll need a Virtual Machine.

Subject: Your membership renews for next one more year
To: [email protected]
Thu 5/27/2021 9:38 AM
Hi,

Thanks for being our valued customer. Your membership has automatically been renewed today. So we have charged you 340 as an annual subscription for the Best Buy - Geek Squad computer & tablet services.

Your order summary:

Your order ID: GNSD5L8KEG

Product name: Best Buy - Geek Squad

Total amount: $340.00

Transaction date: May 27, 2021

To cancel & get an instant refund of your subscription, please contact our customer service number. Call us now +1 (812) 304-4018

Sincerely yours,

Best-Buy® Customer Support

+1 (812) 438-6986

Copyright © 2021 Best-Buy®. All Rights Reserved.

1 Like

this number is alive and well at 1:37 cdt

This is an absolute Jackpot. They don’t block me. I bet I called 100 times today. I spoke with Richard, Mike, John, Jacob, Alex, Jenna, Daniel, and David.

1 Like

Great number. Talk about a target rich environment, these clowns can’t even block numbers. Glad to see they are getting flooded. Namaste

1 Like

Yeah, it has been 3 hours and they keep answering! I keep telling the men that their fellow employee Jenna admits that you all are scammers and she is not even trying to scam! I like to try to instigate in-fighting in the scam call center. In the beginning they were defiant and arrogant. There was then a point at which they were obviously angry. Now they seem dispirited and disheartened at this point in the afternoon!

1 Like

I had the exact same response. When I got Jenna I told her all the bad things that her co-workers were saying about her. It is easy to start to manipulate them. The last person I spoke to we just had a friendly and honest conversation with each other. We talked about my travels and some Indian food that I like. He said he hates macaroni and cheese. I told him that was my favorite and we had a good laugh. I could hear in the background that they were getting a ton of scam bait calls and clearly they were giving up. Sadly now I only get a busy signal. Either they figured out how to block or they pulled the plug on their operation or at least that phone number. Too bad. It was a great day bating these fools. I really really got under Alex’s skin.

1 Like

It is still up as of 5:47 PM EST 5/27/2021

1 Like

Thanks for callin’ 'em!

I learned something new. I used Google to look up “Bapu” and it seems that it means “father” or maybe it also is used as a general term of respect.

Bapu is a word for “father” in many Indian languages such as Gujarati and Marathi, and may refer to: Mahatma Gandhi (1869–1948), officially honored as Bapu (Father) of the Nation of India.

and …

The Gandhi family is the family of Mohandas Gandhi (2 October 1869 – 30 January 1948). Mahatma : is also called the Father of the Nation or " Bapu " as the prime minister called him at his funeral; a title given to him by Subhas Chandra Bose on 6 July 1944 during his address on the Singapore Radio.

Haha, that is funny that you were telling Jenna about how the others were talking bad about her while I was telling some of the men about how she is not trying and how she admits immediately that they are all scammers. I do not remember the name, but there was one man who maybe was Alex who had a very short fuse! He was hilarious with his rage. One of these days one of them might have a stroke or heart attack on the phone line. Karma! They should know something about karma since their ancestors invented the concept. Thanks for callin’ to you et al!

The last conversation I had was great. I was telling him I traveled the world and I really respect all cultures. I have met Indian people and have no issues with them at all. It is scammers that I have a problem with no matter where in the world they are. He understood and we had a good chat. I asked him why he was doing this. He gave me an answer that I assume to be true. I would not say it is an legitimate excuse, but probably an honest answer. He said because of mass unemployment because of covid and other factors. He has no choice. It is his only option. I get it, he is in a tough spot. Not sure what I would do in his situation. Either way, he is a criminal and a thief and what he is doing is wrong. After like 20 minutes I heard someone say something to him and the line went dead. From then on it was a busy signal. Did we shut them down?

Bapu mean father and Mahatma Gandhi was respectfully addressed as Bapu.
Baap is also father but less respect.Like Daddy vs DearDaddy