Amazon (231) 247-2363

@jtkmotorsports Absolutely brother!

1 Like

I understand both sides of this issue. Personally I am not taking either side. There are good points to each side and disadvantages to each side.

From MonsterFlooder’s side, the Call Flooder can cost the scammers money if it is a VOIP scammer number and this is something scammers do not like of course. While the original VOIP number of scammers is down, there is maybe a short period of time they are not trying to scam before the new VOIP # of the scammer starts to be used. The down side from the perspective of some scam baiters/harassers is that there is less time for them to bait and harass the scammer whether or note the scam involves getting remotely on the victim’s computer. I suppose that even if the scammer’s number is a TextNow number, the Call Flooder does not cost the scammer money but certainly annoys the scammer but would not prevent the scammer using still his or her TextNow number to scam people while ignoring the many calls coming into the scammer’s TextNow number.

I understand that scam baiters and/or harassers ENJOY baiting and/or harassing scammers. Of course that is the case. Sure, scam baiters want to waste time of scammers so that they are not momentarily scamming a potential victim of the scam but they also enjoy the baiting. Scam baiting is an art form in some ways. Someone who harasses scammers with repeated calls might not be wasting a great amount of time of scammers BUT the repeated harassment as well as repeated baiting can DEMORALIZE scammers even on an unconscious level. Some of us have experienced this when during the first hour of scam harassing/baiting the scammers are answering “Hello, you’ve reached SSA or Amazon or whatever, this is Jennifer or Alex speaking, how may I help you?” After awhile they start answering with only “hello” and are defiant and/or angry, and after more time they start answering with a more skittish and hesitant “hello” and eventually they answer in some way that shows that they are completely unenthusiastic and are NOT enjoying their life of crime.

I think most scam baiters and/or scam harassers would admit that compared to a number of years ago or even to 2 or 3 years ago, the VOIP numbers of scammers do NOT last with or without Call Flooding as long as they used to last. There are more Americans and even people around the entire world who are involved in baiting and/or harassing scammers than there were in the past. Even on this site when MonsterFlooder has not posted about adding the scammer’s phone number to the Call Flooder, the phone numbers do not last as long as they used to in the past.

I understand both sides. I just want to point out that WE ALL are on the same side, on the same team, in the sense that WE ALL are fighting scammers. Both the Call Flooding and the baiting/harassing are attempts to fight criminals and try to stop them at least momentarily from scamming successfully innocent people.

I do not know the right answer to this issue, the right conclusion to make. I appreciate the efforts of the Call Flooder System AND I appreciate the people who bait and/or harass scammers.

Maybe there could be a compromise. Maybe MonsterFlooder could wait a certain amount of time before adding the phone number of scammers to the Call Flooder. Of course sometimes by the time MonsterFlooder posts that the number has been added to the Call Flooder, the scammers have blocked already my two different phone numbers.

Hell, what do I know? VERY LITTLE is the honest answer, at least in MY CASE!

2 Likes

saw that, thank you very much!

2 Likes