(877) 506-0846 - You Won a Walmart Gift Card Scam

Scammer’s Number: (877) 506-0846

Their bot left a VM about me “winning a $100 Walmart gift card”. I called back at 3:40 PM CST and got a human scammer.

2 Likes

Had a lady answer after I chose the 1st option. She didn’t have an Indian accent, sounded pretty American.

This scam is active. I called (877) 506-0846 at 3 PM CST and then pressed “1”. I got an Indian-sounding scammer there.

(877) 506-0846 is active again as of Noon/12 PM CST. I pressed “1” and got an Indian scammer on the phone.

This scam is active as of 3:30 PM CST. I pressed “1” and was transferred to an Indian-sounding scammer.

1 Like

Yes, they are active! At one point, I had a woman “Crystal” on one of my phone numbers and some other woman at this phone number on a different phone number of mine and I conferenced them in together on the same conference call.

One guy answered and wasted at least 10 minutes of his own time even though I was not baiting him. He kept acting like he did not care and was behaving in a proud and arrogant way, but of course HE HUNG UP first after about 10 minutes DESPITE the fact that he’d said that I WOULD HANG UP FIRST. Haha, he does not know the depths of my spite, pettiness, and endurance!

2 Likes

@Hviezdoslav: Nice! Good to hear from you, and I am glad you have had fun with these assholes! They’re pretty obnoxious and bothersome with their dumb calls. Let’s ruin their day!

@Draco @MajorLeeAwesome @Jhawk - it may be of interest to you. They’re answering reliably now!

1 Like

Yeah, they keep answering my two phone numbers. Sometimes I can conference in two of them together.

The women, like “Lisa” for example, do not seem to waste their time cussing me or talking back to me. Some guys who answer don’t verbally give it back to me either. But SOME guys who answer are pissed off and cuss me. Either way, I keep calling to bother them!

1 Like

I have been running into yet another Indian guy who hangs up on me fast. WTF? They’re all timid today and hang up on me!

Called this number enough times where they screamed “CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?! GO TO HEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLL”

1 Like

Haha, @Hunter1! I like when they get upset and angry. Now when I call from two different numbers it rings once and the call seems to drop or end without anybody answering, unless they are answering and hanging up immediately.

1 Like

@Hunter1 - I like when they’re angry. Feisty scammers are the best! It means we really grind their gears!

I think their “workday” is over. A lot of these scammers stop answering around 5-6 PM Central. I will be definitely trying them again tomorrow!

Yes, there is always another day! Yeah, in India it is currently 4:48 AM, Thursday, 20-JAN-2022.

I gotta scrounge up somethin’ to eat anyway since I have not eaten yet today. Ciao for now, fine folks!

I hope at least some of these criminals have nightmares about us and wake up sweating profusely! I hope they piss off their family members by complaining incessantly about us! :grin:

3 Likes

And when their nightmares aren’t scary enough, I encourage all of them to reach out to us more often! We have kind words and beautiful fairy tales for them, lots of hospitality and some spectacular graphic photos of all sorts. Hell, we may even have some music to share with them; I like to play my air horn into the phone when they least expect it. This is the best music to their ears.

2 Likes

All: They are answering now! I pressed “1” and was connected to an Indian scammer. They have reworded their scam as “you will be given a $100 retail rebate voucher”. A different name, but the same people answering!

@Hviezdoslav @MehNamesJeff @AngelFat - may be of interest to you. Looks like they have been scamming for awhile from this number: Who called you from 8775060846 (+18775060846) ? | shouldianswer.com

1 Like

By the way, this number is assigned to Comet Media carrier. They were previously investigated for scams and illegal robocalls by the FTC: https://www.ftc.gov/system/files/warning-letters/covid-19-letter-to-comet.pdf

Very interesting - thanks. I’m currently trying to contact a money mule (which isn’t going well, because I can’t find their email or phone number, so I emailed everyone that I can tell lives/has lived at the same apartment, and most of the emails bounced, plus I noticed a few typos after I sent the email), but once I finish that, I will deal with this.

1 Like