(272) 226-5991 student loan scammers (new number, updated 7/5/2022)

Scam Number: (215) 274-9318
Domain Used: spamming voicemail messages
Extra Info: These freaks called and left me a voicemail saying I am already qualified for the income-driven student loan forgiveness program (i am not, this is a scam) and all i have to do is call and finish up some paperwork.

Surely this turns into them extracting a fee from me, if I were an actual mark… in exchange for having my time wasted, possibly having my identity stolen, and an eventual letter from the Dept of Ed saying no, I am not eligible for Student Loan Forgiveness, they would have sent me a letter saying as much if I were.

I hardly come to this board anymore but I wanted to come share this number here, because while their numbers do tend to change often, this is the same number they called me with last week. And they;re mass-dialing people again today, leaving this number, telling people they ARE ALREADY qualified to have all their student loans forgiven, and they just need to call.

Hoping some of you can shut this number right down, maybe plug it in to BobRTC, force them to abandon this number and all the “leads” they’d otherwise have generated.

1 Like

These guys are still active.

(215) 274-9318

The voicemail messages they’re spamming people with are really gross… most of these operations are scammy, but not outright scams.

This operation is an outright scam. They are mass calling people leaving messages saying that your student loan debt has been forgiven, and all you have to do is call them back to finish up some paperwork and finalize it.

This is not just run-of-the-mill deceptive language, it is outright lies. Imagine being some poor young person, living on your own, struggling to keep afloat, and you believe the message. You’d call back, “finish the paperwork,” and then pay whatever fee they ask for… after all, you’ve been told that your student loans ARE GOING TO BE FORGIVEN in no uncertain terms… so you cough up some money you can not afford to part with, all so you can get a form letter from the Dept. of Ed a couple months later, telling you that you were never eligible for student loan forgiveness.

This is just so disgusting, I really hope some others agree and make them a special project.

And please, if someone has the ability to add numbers to BobRTC, this is a very worthy inclusion.

(215) 274-9318

Just wasted 20 minutes of their time. They won’t pick up my calls now :rofl:

This might sound like an odd question, but is the callback number that you got in the voicemail in the same state as the area code of the number that received it? If so, I have a theory that they may be doing this to look as legit as possible as I encountered a similar one (actually have a post pending on it) for Wisconsin.

no, these particular scammers weren’t doing that

these guys have changed their number.

i got another call randomly from student loan forgiveness today, and upon calling them back, i recognized the voices of the scammers taking the calls. it is these guys… they go beyond just being scammy in what their messages say, they are an outright scam. and deserve to be treated as such,

NEW NUMBER: (272) 226-5991
Note: you have to press 1, then you get out in the que to have a live operator answer